GO BEYOND THE CLASSROOM.
“My experience in Italy projected me into a life of further wonder and discovery, expanding and deepening my conception of God, truth, and beauty in the context of cultural exchange, creative edification, and communal exploration.”
– Charity Manwaring, CreatEd alumnae
Nothing can compare to experiencing something first-hand. No art history lecture or Google image search can compete with waking up in a 14th century Italian villa, eating at a local trattoria, and standing in the shadow of Michelangelo’s “David.”
That’s why a four-week international experience studying the fine arts in Italy is a core component of CreatEd Institute. Students will walk through Rome’s Coliseum and see the revolutionary artwork of Giotto in the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. While in Florence, they will live and study in a villa originally belonging to the family of Jacopo di Bartolomeo da Settignano, a stone carver known for his important works.
- Encounter the Vatican and St. Peter’s Basilica with the humbling grandeur of Michaelangelo’s ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- Step into ancient Rome as you tread through the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and the Apostle Paul’s place of imprisonment.
- Experience a centuries-old Tuscan tradition as you tour a family-owned olive mill and enjoy lunch with the locals.
- Learn the arts of cross-cultural interactions through language, food, and bartering.
- Explore the charming antiquity of Venice, Assisi, and Cinque Terre.